You have a business, but no website! It is similar to rafting without oars. But, running a website without looking at its statistics and analyzing its traffic is just like walking in a desert, you have no idea where you are going. Luckily you have Google Analytics to help you to take your business website in the right direction. Well, if you haven’t heard about Google Analytics, it’s time to wake up.
Google Analytics is a tool with which google monitors traffic on your website and helps you to steer your business in the right direction. It helps you to know on which page do customers actually find important, how long they spend time your site, are they finding some more content or not, do they find your information relevant, is your navigation plan effective or driving away your traffic and much other relevant information.
Google Analytics helps to monitor the traffic on our website in the following ways :
AI: Analytics Intelligence
- Google Analytics has its own intelligence which tells you how your business is performing, tells you about new trends and opportunities you should be aware of and answer all your business-related queries using machine learning.
- Anyone in the team can ask questions about business metrics directly in-product, this will free the analysts to perform deeper research and discovery.
- It lets you know about the flow of traffic on your apps.
- Analytics helps you to understand how users are interacting with your site and apps by reporting their activities and time spent on different pages, reports are prepared using a variety of tools and can be shared across the organization.
- Audience Reports helps you to learn about your user by measuring active users, understand how much value different users create for your business based on activity across multiple sessions, understands and analyses users individually rather than on the average basis.
- Advertising reports analyze your online advertisements efforts. It tells post-click performance metrics for users who clicked on your Ads campaigns and then came through to your website or used your mobile app.
- Behavior reports let you know how your users are interacting with your site, visualizes the path users traveled from one page to the next. It helps you to know which of your users used your site’s search function, which search terms they entered, and how effectively the search results created deeper engagement with your site.
- You can understand what’s going on your website at the current moment with Real-Time Reporting.
- Google Analytics helps and provides you with many ways to maintain and visualize your data to suit your business requirements.
- You can access your data anywhere. In addition to its web application, Google also provides mobile apps, email alerts, and an external reporting API.
- Google customizes your data to meet your needs with advanced filters, custom channel groupings, content groupings, and calculated metrics.
- Google provides tools for insightful defined goal analysis (or funnel analysis) like shopping funnels,multi-channel funnels, event funnels, etc., on your websites and apps.
Data Collection and Management
- It has a variety of ways to manage your Analytics account with its vast configuration APIs
- For a more proper and accurate analysis of the traffic, Google allows you to import data from external sources and combine it with data gathered from Google Analytics
- Google gives you access to raw data that refreshes every 10 minutes. BigQuery Export(a Google Developers tool that enables super-fast queries of large data sets) allows interactive analysis to billions of data and data sources.
- Google Analytics is designed to work smoothly with other Google products which saves your time and increases efficiency in analyzing traffic on your website or apps.
- Google Analytics’ integration with Analytics 360 helps you to create audiences in Analytics 360 and use those audiences for remarketing in Display & Video 360 ( it offers a single tool for planning campaigns, designing and managing creative, organizing and applying audience data, finding and buying inventory, and measuring and optimizing campaigns )
- Google allows you to apply your Analytics 360 insights to Ad Manager to optimize your own websites and apps for better user experience and drive more traffic towards your website or apps.
The aim of any business website is to get good traffic on their website. Now, what exactly is GOOD traffic? If there’s good traffic then there must be something like bad traffic? Well, the answer to it is YES, there is both good and bad traffic for a website.
By Good Traffic we mean to say that the traffic coming on your website is as per your desire and requirements. Your audiences have been targeted correctly and they love visiting your website. But, if there’s Bad Traffic on your website, it means although you are having a good amount of visitors on the website but, they are not the audience you targeted for or they are just some random bots which you paid for under scam offers of “low-cost traffic” made up of “real unique visitors”.
Bad Traffics mostly comprises of Bots or Clickfarms. Bots are the software with no human interaction. They are programmed to visit your website and click on links taking it to another or next page. It takes less than a second for the bot to complete the whole process. Bots increase your hit counter by one without making much profit for you.
These bots search the internet for open polls or surveys and, fill them with garbage information. Software Engineers have designed captcha securities which can prevent these bots but these securities can be skipped using other bots.
Clickfarms are the second method to increase traffic over your website without actually making any profit for you. A clickfarm is a group of people who runs numerous browsers, liking pages and clicking links.
Another form of bad traffic can be disinterested users who come to your website, increase your traffic but shows no interest in the goal of your website hence not being much of use. You can filter them out by clearly mentioning your goals and targeting the right kind of users during advertisements.
Good Traffic comprises of interested users. By interested users, we mean the correct targeted audience is visiting your website and hence increasing the visitors counter and adding to the overall profit of your website. There interested might bookmark your website or share a post from your website in their social media account or share about your website with people having similar interests.
By doing this these users, in turn, are driving good traffic towards your website and indirectly helping you to increase your profit and sale.
So as to pull in these clients, you have to know who they are. That implies taking a decent, long look at your analytics. You can channel your traffic by engagement, and you can see the statistic data about the general population who are most likely to engage. This gives you a decent method to perceive what sorts of individuals you have to focus later on.